Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Memphis Horse Trailer/Truck Recommendations

I'm going to start shopping for my first horse trailer/truck soon....okay, so I'll need to first learn how to drive a rig... watch out Memphis! I'd appreciate some feedback from fellow horse enthusiasts who have a little "Know How" in this department! I'm leaning towards a three horse slant load goose neck. Don't need living quarters, but would like decent storage/tack area.

There are so many out there to choose from....Keifer, Sundowner, Exiss, Sooner. etc....anyone think one model is best? I've been checking online, but am already feeling overwhelmed with options!!! I'd like a new one, but will consider used one if not over 5 yrs old. Can anyone recommend a good Memphis or Midsouth area horse trailer/truck dealer with a website? What about truck models? Leaning towards Ford 250/350...any comments on this topic?

1 comment:

Julie said...

I bought my first new trailer last year. It is an Exiss, aluminum 3 horse slant gooseneck with a nice size tack room. I bought it while covering a horse show (I work for Saddle and Bridle Magazine) in Oklahoma City. I was looking for something strong, enclosed (not a stock type) with enough amenities to be very user friendly, but not anything fancy. We had an aftermarket AC/Heater and an indoor outlet put into the tack room. It had very very slight hail damage to the roof and therefore we got a really good deal! I do everything from short to long hauls and am very very pleased with it.