Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Don't Forget: Today is National Call In Day for Horses!

Want to help put an end to Horse Slaughter in the United States? Then help out by calling your Senator TODAY, and letting them know you are against horse slaughter!

Urge your Senators to cosponsor S. 1915 and get it to the senate floor for a vote! Please, Please make the call, and urge everyone you know to call their Senators on Dec. 5


If you're not sure what to say here's a tip from the Humane Society:
"I am a constituent and I am calling to ask that the Senator immediately protect our horses from slaughter and cosponsor S. 1915, the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act. I am very concerned about American horses and I don't want them slaughtered."


Click
here to locate your Senator's contact information and make the call!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashlee,
We love horses too and many people would like to find your blog. Please stop by our new dynamic directory and add your blog.

www.outpost-earth.com

We have a Outpost-Hobbies for horse people like you.

All the best!

Ashlee said...

Thanks jt, I'll check it out!

Conscience of DC said...

I know that you are very well intentioned, but there's a lot more than meets the eye on this issue. I hope you'll spend a few minutes at my blog, http://thinkthroughthisfirst.blogspot.com and let me know what you think.

Ashlee said...

Thank you for your comment. I respect your opinion; however, I am and will remain vehemently against horse slaughter, and I will continue to urge all horse-lover's to become better educated on this matter and develop their own opinion.

I understand your concern that "without horse slaughter thousands of horses may be at risk for neglect", and you may well be correct. But I do not feel that horses are better off being slaughtered. This is not a humane choice in my opinion!

As you mention on your site: "It's not a great choice, but I'd rather see unwanted horses put down humanely and served as food, then the alternative." I feel that horse slaughter is NOT in any way, shape, or form HUMANE. Horses are not "put down" or euthanized in a humane fashion. It is absolutely grotesque and not acceptable to me- both the way it happens, and the transport operations need a complete overhaul. Thanks again for your comment and opinion on the matter. Happy blogging!

Ivanka Steener said...

I am very disappointed in the Senate for ignoring a bill that the House passed with an overwhelmingly amount of votes and that 70 percent of Americans agree with. I still urge everyone to contact their Senators and urge them to ban horse slaughter. We don't eat horses so why should we allow foreign-owned companies to slaughter them on our own soil and profit from their meat.